Note: The Mayan Massage is only done in the Tigard office at this time.
In October 2008, Dr. Jones completed her Certification training in the Arvigo technique. This work helps to re-align the uterus back into the proper place in order to ease symptoms of:
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and or bladder
- Painful periods and ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Peri menopause, menopausal symptoms
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances Pregnancy, aids in labor and delivery
- Digestive Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Chronic constipation
- Low Back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
This Massage is founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage. This is an external, non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, thereby restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi.
Normal or Tilted?
Normally the uterus leans slightly over the bladder in the center of the pelvis, about one and a half inches above the pubic bone.
It is held in this position by:
- the vaginal wall
- ligaments that attach it to the back, front, and sides of the pelvis.
Uterine ligaments are made to stretch in orderto accommodate a growing fetus inside and to move freely when the bladder or bowel are full. Due to a variety of reasons, the ligaments and muscles can weaken and loosen, causing the uterus to fall downward, forward, backward or to either side.
Often times women are told their uterus is “tilted” or “prolapsed” and that it is normal. Unfortunately this change in position causes many uncomfortable symptoms and most doctors do not have a way to shift the uterus back into place. This results in a list of drugs and pills to stop the symptoms.
What about the cause?
This is where the massage comes into play! By shifting your uterus into the correct spot – blood, lymph, nerve conduction and energy are able to freely flow back into the places they are suppose to be.
This massage is wonderful for almost everyone!
Be aware that the following times and patients are not good candidates:
- During menstrual bleeding
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or the client is undergoing chemotherapy for this condition
- During the first trimester of pregnancy
- Hiatal Hernia – gentle touch only